NEET paper leak: Uttarakhand HC issues notice to CBSE
PTI, Nainital Aug 20, 2016 18:07 IST
Uttarakhand High Court has sent notices to the CBSE and Nainital police on alleged leak of National Eligibility Entrance Test papers in the district a day ahead of the examination on July 23.
Issuing the notices on Thursday, Justice Sudhanshu Dhuliya of the high court directed the CBSE and Nainital Police to file a reply within two weeks and posted the matter for next hearing on September 5.
The notices were issued on a PIL filed by a Rajasthan resident Anshul Sharma seeking cancellation of the test on the grounds that the question papers were allegedly leaked on the eve of the exam conducted by CBSE.
In the petition, it has been alleged that on the night of July 22, 44 examinees received exam papers along with the answer key in exchange for a large sum of money.
In a first, 100 counselling sessions in 43 days
22 June 2016, Kolkata, Pradip Chatterjee
Successful medical aspirants seeking admission in various medical colleges across the country might end up losing hope in the entire system of medical admission as around 100 counselling will be conducted throughout the country for securing admission in various medical colleges this year, that too within a span of 43 days.
Experts in the field of medical admissions in the country have termed this as absurd as it would put the candidates in jeopardy. Till last year, all the medical counselling conducted by the various medical colleges, boards and universities across the country over a span of nearly four months whereas this year all the counselling must be completed within one and half month. The process of holding medical entrance examinations in the state got delayed as the decision if the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) would be introduced from this year was under the consideration of the Supreme Court.
As per the order of the Supreme Court, the NEET phase II would be held on July 24 this year but the result of which has to be published within August 17. The situation has become complicated as the Centre government did not seek for some more time. The Central government and owned bodies like Medical Council of India (MCI) and Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) who were present at the court said that everything relating to the processes of admission will be done within a span of 43 days.
As there is not a single counselling system for admitting candidates in various medical colleges the medical aspirants will be greatly inconvenienced. The CBSE will conduct counselling for AIPMT seats whereas various Centre owned medical colleges would conduct their own separate counselling. Various state government and private medical colleges will conduct their counselling for filling up the vacant seats.
Altogether, there are nearly 100 separate counselling which will be conducted this year. The students also have to pay around Rs 2,500 for each registration of counseling.
In case of West Bengal, the state government will conduct counselling for 85 per cent of state quota seats and also in the private colleges’ seats owned by the state. The private medical and dental colleges will conduct their own counselling.
WRONG MODEL ANSWER KEYS OF WBJEEM-2016 , 10-08-2016
1.Candidate desires to submit any comment/observation, he/she will submit the same to the Registrar, WBJEEB in a sealed envelope with supporting calculations along with references and a self attested copy of his/her admit card and a fee of Rs -1000 to be deposited in cash at the Board’s office at AQ-13/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700091 from 10th to 13th August 2016 between 11 a.m. to 5 p.m
2.During 14th to 20th August 2016 the Board will thoroughly review all applications with experts’ opinion and will freeze the answer keys. Board’s decision will be final in this respect. Frozen answer keys will be uploaded in Board’s web site on 20th August 2016.
3. Subsequently, the OMR sheets will be evaluated on the frozen answer keys and the result will be published on 27th August 2016.
1) The ratio of two masses of two planets is 2:3 and ratio of the radius is 3:2. The ratio of acceleration due to gravity on these two planets is – this is in question nos 6 in set 4 – Actually no answers are correct but WBJEEB has given option 2 as correct one.
- set + q.22) Release of pancreatic juice is stimulated by……..according to wbjee answer key answer is tripsinogen answer is secreatin or cholecystokinin.
3) Progression of cell cycle is regulated by the concerntaion of which type of molecules – this question is in no 101 in set 4.- This is a two marks question.- Actual answer B (CYCLIN DEPENDENT KINASE) but WBJEEB has given OPTION C
4) Which of the following matching pairs is wrong – this is in question no 91 in set 4 – this is a two marks question. – Actual answer is A or D (BACTERIAL CELL WALL AND GLYCOCALYX BOTH LACK CELLULOSE) but WBJEEB has only given A
5. Question no 77 WBJEEB has only given A…but answer should be both A and C.